Conference Producer - download PDF
We are looking for a Conference Producer to be responsible for all aspects of a personal event portfolio. The successful applicant will be responsible for all logistical elements, from research and venue sourcing to programme development and marketing. Additionally, the post holder will be required to travel to the event to oversee delivery of the conference itself. OTE for this role will be £70k per annum, with up to 25% commission paid on event profits.
The Conference Producer’s primary objectives will be to manage and lead a portfolio of events both UK and globally, focussing on such topics as workplace change, corporate strategy and technological innovation. The successful applicant will be passionate about such topics, finding new and exciting ways to grow the company’s reach by developing and implementing conferences on key industry changes.
- Full responsibility for organising and delivering high quality events
- Responsible for all aspects of delivering each event: research, finding suitable venues, developing programmes, sourcing relevant speakers, organising catering, logistics, production and marketing
- Required to travel to the event with additional support before the event and lead actual delivery of the programme
- Full P&L responsibility for all allocated events - ensuring payments and driving down costs
- Leading a personal portfolio of events including (but not limited to) high profile functions in Dubai and Istanbul, as well as additional business relating to the Legal Workplace, Wearable Technology, Financial Workplace and 3D Printing
- Organisation of new events essential, so the ability to launch a new function from scratch is critical
- Taking established events to new venues, so a proven ability to organise an event remotely in a different country/culture/time-zone is a necessity
Skills and characteristics
- Excellence and proven experience of planning and delivering high quality events from start to finish
- A focus on preserving and enhancing the excellent reputation of all functions
- Very high degree of professionalism
- Strong drive and resilience is essential
- A proven ability to cope with a demanding workload, such as being able to focus on an immediate event whilst also executing critical steps for future functions
- Attention to detail in all aspects of work is critical
- Very strong written and paperwork abilities, including (but not limited to) weekly reporting, execution to plan, big picture thinking and a focus on detail when required
- A strong and demonstrable interest in workplace strategy, future of work, technology and retail
- Excellent social media skills
- An ability to interact with senior contacts such as speakers, academics, industry heads of workplace and senior retailers
- A positive and proactive manner on the telephone, by e-mail and in person at events
- Comfortable working in a small yet dynamic and agile organisation
Other role information
You will primarily be located at our Hampton Wick office, and occasionally at one of our other offices in London (St James Park and Kensington). You will also be required to meet with clients and research partners on a regular basis – mostly in London, but across the globe.
Pay and conditions
Salary Basic salary £35K, with OTE of £70K
Bonus Annual bonus of up to £5K related to personal and business performance
Paid leave 20 days annually plus public holidays
Contract Full time contract
Unwork specialises in creating the business case for new ways of working, challenging the established patterns of work and enabling businesses to understand the opportunity from agile working and alternative ways to organise work. One its core focuses is activity based working and the change management and technology enablers required.
We look at six key forces shaping work:
- Demographics and intergenerational working
- Company culture and work styles
- Property and workplaces
- Travel and the city
We provide unrivalled knowledge of global innovation in work and the workplace. Unwork is part of UnGroup, a collection of brands (UNWIRED and Unwork) that focus on the impact of new technology and design on people, business and the built environment. Through consultancy and knowledge, it provides foresight in an uncertain world. We now operate globally from our bases in London and New York, and have a client list that includes the majority of the top FTSE and Fortune listed enterprises.