Writer and Researcher - download PDF
We are looking for an investigative and creative thinker to join our research team as a writer and researcher.
Through research, trend identification and report creation you will help our clients embrace the future and transform their business. Working from an initial brief, you will shape the scope during the course of the research to ensure that the resulting report is innovative, forward-thinking, industry-leading and meets all of the client’s expectations.
The role will involve a large amount of primary research with leading thinkers and high level executives, backed up by extensive desk research. You will also be responsible for writing the text for white papers and conceiving creative ways to make projects engaging and interactive.
As a writer and researcher you will report in to one of our Consultants, who will have overall responsibility for the projects you work on. This is an exciting opportunity to join an innovative and creative consulting company which is part of a wider group focusing on the impact of new technology and design on people, business and the built environment.
- Leading evolving project and research briefs
- Identifying relevant thought and industry leaders
- Identifying opportunities for and carrying out primary and desk research
- Questionnaire design and results analysis
- Identifying and following new topics and innovation
- Copy writing, proof reading and stylistic editing for white papers and other outputs as required
- Image selection and other content creation
- Conceiving creative ways to make reports engaging and interactive, including design ideas and different formats
- Keeping projects within the timescale boundaries
- Continual liaison with clients to ensure outputs meet client expectations
- Elements of project management, including scheduling of external meetings for yourself and the project manager
- Curating internal databases of case studies, global best practice, images
- Aiding with website and social media content creation and distribution
- Other duties as assigned
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent)
- One or more year’s work experience in a similar role
- Familiarity with standard office programs (MS Word, Outlook and PowerPoint particularly)
- Desktop publishing or HTML experience an advantage
- Camera work and video editing an advantage
Skills and characteristics
- Business acumen and understanding of business needs
- Excellent research technique and interview ability
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong time and project management skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise own workload
- Proactive high-achiever who thrives on challenge
- Hard working and dedicated to the project
- Energetic and focused
- An interest in innovation and the future
Other role information
You will primarily be located at our Hampton Wick office, and occasionally at one of our other offices in London (St James Park and Kensington). You will also be required to meet with clients and research partners on a regular basis – mostly in London, but across the globe.
Pay and conditions
Salary £20-25K depending on experience
Bonus Annual bonus of up to £5K related to personal and business performance
Paid leave 20 days annually plus public holidays
Contract Full time contract
Unwork specialises in creating the business case for new ways of working, challenging the established patterns of work and enabling businesses to understand the opportunity from agile working and alternative ways to organise work. One its core focuses is activity based working and the change management and technology enablers required.
We look at six key forces shaping work:
- Demographics and intergenerational working
- Company culture and work styles
- Property and workplaces
- Travel and the city
We provide unrivalled knowledge of global innovation in work and the workplace. Unwork is part of UnGroup, a collection of brands (UNWIRED and Unwork) that focus on the impact of new technology and design on people, business and the built environment. Through consultancy and knowledge, it provides foresight in an uncertain world. We now operate globally from our bases in London and New York, and have a client list that includes the majority of the top FTSE and Fortune listed enterprises.
Please apply by email with a CV and provocative cover letter to email@example.com. Please also forward any questions or enquiries to to firstname.lastname@example.org